Safe Urban Driving Course Information
A Safe Urban Driving Training course consists of two 3.5 hour training modules, which are both delivered on the same day (Unless you have special requirements). As part of this course each delegate will complete a FORS approved theory training session which is built around the safety of vulnerable road users. The first module is a classroom-based theory session, the second module is an outdoor practical session where drivers get on bikes, gaining a cyclist’s perspective of the road first hand. This part of the course focuses on raising awareness of how to share the road safely and highlights the vulnerability of other road users. There is also an explananation about how our streetscapes are evolving to encourage more active travel such as walking and cycling.
Theory content includes:
• Urban driving, changing streetscape and route planning
• Understanding who vulnerable road users are and how they interact with traffic
• Sharing the road, defensive driving techniques and collision avoidance
• Effective use and maintenance of additional vehicle safety equipment
Practical content includes:
• Giving drivers a cyclist’s perspective of riding on busy roads and an understanding of the issues faced by vulnerable road users
• Driver attitude and perception
• Practical on-road experience to understand why collisions occur and areas of potential driver/cyclist conflict
• Introducing active travel, driver fitness and health
Safe Urban Driving With Seven
Safe Urban Driving Training is almost unique in comparison to most other Driver Training or Driver CPC courses in the format and equipment required to complete the course, we designed our Safe Urban Driving courses with this in mind. The Seven Training mobile van allows us to make your training experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We supply and bring all of the equipment needed for training to you including the bikes, high visibility vests and helmets. Through our commercial vehicle background we understand your operational needs and training courses can be delivered to work around your schedule, whatever your individual training requirements are we will try to accommodate them and deliver modules at the most convenient time for you.